• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 headers

Just wondering. I was looking at a used set of short tube headers for my
    93. Their off of a 95 which i know will fit but the passenger side smog
    tube is in the front where mine is in the back. Will smog lines off the 95
    fix this problem if need be for emissions. I don't mind removing everything
    but don't want to stick myself if i go over 5,000 miles.

The EGR would be simple. The 95 headers should have a connection on #8 primary for EGR. You just need the flex tube that would connect from the header to the port on the back of the intake manifold.

1995 EGR (courtesy of Shoebox):

http://shbox.com/1/egr1.jpg

Hooking up the AIR might be a bit more difficult. The AIR pump on your 93 is mounted in a slightly different position than the later year cars. Same vicinity, but yours is mounted to the chassis, the 94-97's mount to the front of the engine. That would change the length and routing of the AIR lines slightly. And, putting the 94-97 passenger side line on is very difficult, since it wraps under the bottom of the timing cover. Most people who remove the AIR system end up cutting that pipe in half to get it out. If it was cut cleanly, it should be able to be patched with a short rubber hose.

You can get the AIR to work.... just going to need to be a bit creative in routing the lines from a later model, and making the final connection to the pump in a slightly different location.

Thanks for taking the time to care about the environment!
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Its a good deal headers and y-pipe w/off road pipe coated w/ all the gaskets. But sooner or later i'm doing a heads and cam package for elliot port works requiring long tubes so i'm torn. But i can resell them.

Comment

Working...
      X