installing Hot Cam in 95 z28...help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing Hot Cam in 95 z28...help

installing hot cam in my 95 z28. gm 1.6 rr and gm lt4 springs ready. what about lifters and pushrods??? what should get?
    all this ready headers + plugs + wires + pcmforless tune + lt4 valve covers +
    thanks..
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Stock (new LT-4) lifters are fine and hardened pushrods from a 93 LT-1 should do the trick.

Comment

joe,
      thanks a bunch...
      eddie
      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

on my engine i went with comp lifters pn 850-16 they are about 230.25 from comp but if you find a good dealer you can get them cheaperi think i got mine around 210 or so. i'm not familar with the price of stock lt4 lifters they might be cheaper. your pushrods really depends your cam and your spring height. you need to make sure that your geometry is right or you might not get everything that you can out of it.
        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
        '00 T/A Silver
        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

i was told by the mechanic that i should hold off on the pushrods until he gets the cam, 1.6rr's in and springs installed so he can messure for an exact size of pushrods needed??
          does that sound good??
          eddie

Comment

yeah that's what i was talking about making sure that your geometry is right. if you put the wrong length push rod in you could throw the geometry off and you'll lose horse power and damage your valves, maybe even more than that. your mechanic is doin the right thing. it would probably be worth it to check into those other lifters as well, just a suggestion, nothin hurts a little research. just outta curiousity what are the specs and brand of cam that you're installing.
            '00 T/A Silver

Comment

When you buy a hot cam kit from GM, it comes with stock length hardened pushrods. There should be no intereferance or other issues with this setup, this is really a mild cam. Custom length pushrods would only be of need if something were worn or out of spec.

Comment

ah i see wasn't aware of that but is the new springs at the same install height. i'm not familar with thse springs.
                '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Working...
                X