83 Camaro Rattles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Camaro Rattles

My 83 T-Top Z/28 was tight as a drum when I ordered it new from the factory. It took just a few years for the rattles to start. Is this common to all Third gens or just the T-Top cars? I can jack up one corner of the car and can see the doors go out of alignment, so it definitely flexes. I'm really not sure if it's just the body, as I can hear the back hatch and doors rattle too. It seems like I can remember my wife's 82 Camaro 6 cylinder coupe not being near as noisy as mine when it was about the same age.

Larry

It is very common for f-body cars to rattle. It is also very common for the 3rd gen f-body cars like yours to have flex in the chasis. The 4th generation cars are much stiffer. I can jack up my convertible by one corner and the doors still open and close perfectly.

You might want to try a set of subframe connectors to stiffen it up and reduce the rattles.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

What he said

and..

If you think your car is bad, you should have seen my 3rd gen convertible flex when I first bought it.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Yep..... they get loose over time. Then it's time to chase them down, fix them and install subframe connectors to prevent the flex.

Comment

Working...
        X