Corbeau seats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbeau seats

My 94 F-body project is coming along well, and is almost ready to take for a test run, but I need some seats. I have been looking at the Corbeau Targa TRS's, and I called soloracer.com to order them today but the guy talked me out of ordering them without checking around the message boards first. He says that with these seats, the correct brackets, and considering the type of car and that I am about 6'2" that I may end up with very little head room. My question is does anyone have any experience with Corbeau seats in 4th gen f-bods, if so what is the headroom like. He wanted to know how much headroom I had with the stock seats, but I dont have them. So if anyone out there is about my height and can tell me about how much headroom you have with the origional seats that would be great.
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

I'm 6 feet and yes, you do sit higher in these seats then you would in the stockers. The brackets lifts you up and the padding in the seats are firm and you lose about 2 inches of headroom...

If you have t-tops it shouldn't be a problem at all., well, when I sit in them I have about 2 inches of head room, you might have to think twice...you also sit farther away from the steering wheel.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I have the Corbeau Forza, which is a very basic racing seat. No real padding to speak of, and I sit a shade lower than with the stock seat. I have the Corbeau slider bracket specifically for the 4th Gen F-Body. With my stock seats, even at only 5'-10", my helmet was up into the T-top cutout. With the Forza I picked up a bit of headroom.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
        I'm 6 feet and yes, you do sit higher in these seats then you would in the stockers. The brackets lifts you up and the padding in the seats are firm and you lose about 2 inches of headroom...

If you have t-tops it shouldn't be a problem at all., well, when I sit in them I have about 2 inches of head room, you might have to think twice...you also sit farther away from the steering wheel.
        I dont have T-tops. You say you have 2 inches of headroom, but is that with t-tops or hard top? How much difference is there between the two?

One option I have is that Corbeau will cut an inch off of the foam on the part where you sit, but I would like to try and avoid that.

Comment

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I notice a difference in headroom between vehicles that are supposed to be identical. I have a 93 and 94 Camaro, both hardtops. I sit lower in the 94 with manual seats than the 93 with power driver's seat. I also sit higher in the 97 WS6 which has a manual seat as well. I've even swapped seats in the 94 and I still sit lower. Very odd.....

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
            I dont have T-tops. You say you have 2 inches of headroom, but is that with t-tops or hard top? How much difference is there between the two?

One option I have is that Corbeau will cut an inch off of the foam on the part where you sit, but I would like to try and avoid that.

There seem to be a lot of variables with seat height, but I can account for my application. I had height adjustment and the hoopla on my stock chairs and I kept them at it lowest settings because I like to have my passenger and driver seats to be even...when I installed the Corbeau TRS on the passenger side, I immediately noticed a major jump in height...better field of vision and reduced head room. I'm not sure how hardtops are set up, but I know you have additional head room with t-tops. I'm 6ft and I have a good 1.5-2 inches of head room. I sit how the seat was designed, I don't slouch or have the back reclinded beyond...well, you know. I like to sit properly when I drive.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I would like to say thanks everyone for your responses they are much appreciated. I am going to go ahead and order them. Man im getting excited, I need to finish plumbing the front brakes, finish wiring up the fans, and put the seats in and it will be ready to test drive.

Comment

Working...
              X