Coil Spring Compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Spring Compressor

I'm looking to pick up a coil spring compressor soon as I'm going to be installing new springs on the GN and, down the road, the Z. Anyone have any good suggestions? I found one on Summit...

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

...but am not sure if this is a good one or not. Thanks in advance everyone.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

my local autozone rents out tools and they have a very nice safe compressor you have to pay 10 dollars to rent it i asked the guy where i could buy one he said to not bring it back and they keep the deposit
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

Originally posted by botlfed
      my local autozone rents out tools and they have a very nice safe compressor you have to pay 10 dollars to rent it i asked the guy where i could buy one he said to not bring it back and they keep the deposit
      Ummmm, I'd prefer to actually purchase mine. But thanks anyways?
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
        Ummmm, I'd prefer to actually purchase mine. But thanks anyways?
        Stevo.... I had to do that with a cooling system pressurizer. Autozone didn't "sell" the part, but they charge you a deposit as a loaner. They said just don't bring it back and they keep the deposit. At that point it's considered a sale. Goofy, but that's the way it is. Hell of a way to run a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Stevo.... I had to do that with a cooling system pressurizer. Autozone didn't "sell" the part, but they charge you a deposit as a loaner. They said just don't bring it back and they keep the deposit. At that point it's considered a sale. Goofy, but that's the way it is. Hell of a way to run a business.
          Ummmm, I think I'll still pass on that, thanks.
          Steve

Comment

Ok Steve I will sell you nine for $100.00 it is a good one i got it at Auto Zone an I will pay the shipping.Let me know.
            Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
              Ok Steve I will sell you nine for $100.00 it is a good one i got it at Auto Zone an I will pay the shipping.Let me know.
              Blazer
              How about I keep my money and you shove your comment up your ***?

I can see nobody here is helpful anymore, forget it.
              Steve

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with what Blazer said. His may be of better quality than the Summit one. After they are used a few times the screw can get damaged by the spring pressure. The ones I rented were cheaper ones and 1 of the screws didn't turn very well. The summit one should work at least enough to get your job one.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Wow......I can't see where you come up with "nobody is helpful anymore".

Comment

Imho, that is one of the MOST dangerous tools out there today. It will work but you will want to use antiseize on the threads and make sure that you tighten both sides as equally as possible. The threaded portion will eventually wear out and they are usually metric, hence very hard to replace with out buying a whole new setup.

We use something similar to this...Expensive though...
                    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...DF&cm_ite=auto

btw, being rude doesn't help get your question answered. You didn't specify in your original post(or ever for that matter) that you wanted a brand new one......
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

I've got some info.... but after that blast I'm afraid to post it

A user name to add to the "ignore" list.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        I asked the guy at my Auto Zone about that when I "borrowed" a steering wheel pulley puller from them. Rental on the tool was free but the deposit on the tool was $45. He pointed out that they did sell that tool new for $45 but it was a special order item. (2-3 weeks to order) So, if you do just keep the tool you have in effect paid full retail price for a used (and probably abused) specialty tool. I know the puller I used was not in like new condition but it did the job and for free I couldn't beat the price.

Scott
                        My DD
                        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Ok Steve sorry If you took it the wrong way but I never use them. I use a hyd jack an get the job done.Still have all my body parts an never had a close call.
                          Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                            Ok Steve sorry If you took it the wrong way but I never use them. I use a hyd jack an get the job done.Still have all my body parts an never had a close call.
                            Blazer
                            Don't worry about it.
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X