Marks on old tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks on old tires

I had some old worn tire that were replaced last week with new ones. All 4 of the tires had a slice mark going around the whole tire like someone taking a knife too it just off the middle part of the tread same area on all 4 tires. (Not 1 non stop slice, but intermittent the whole way around on all 4's.) What caused this? They were pretty worn tires way past the mileage its suppose to last. Alot of cracking in the tread areas as well.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

If it were on the sidewall of the tire, I'd say the tires were too wide and getting cut by rubbing the fender lip. But if its on the actual tread, I have no idea.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Tread depth indicators of some sort?

Comment

No, and no. On the actual tread. Probably just and old cracking tire ready to split in half. lol
        94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Or......you were the victim of an Aggie tire-slashing.....
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

LMAO Darrin

Comment

Working...
            X