My car is making a sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car is making a sound

When I park the car it sounds like something is rubbing like a scraping sound. It did it when I parked it this morning and this evening I checked it out to see if anything was rubing the ground or wheels and found nuthing so I let it run some and when I shut it off I heard kind of a hissing noise (I had the hood up) It's been really cold here in the 20's and 30's I dunno if that has anuthing to do with it. Anyone else have those problems?

Tell us more about your car.... year, model, engine, tranny, any major mods.

Does the "rubbing" sound change with vehicle speed or with engine speed? The sound is ONLY there when you are parking the car? Does it occur when the steering wheel is turned? When going forward or in reverse, or all the time?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

We need more info about your car as Fred already stated....in order to help you more accurately well...sort of...
      I'm guessing here:
      Front of the engine:
      Check the the engine belt and more precisely the tensioner wheel..this cold and humid weather !!!
      If your car has more than 100k miles the time chain could be the noise source, because is loose and plays scrapping the cover...

The hissing noise.....check all the rubber hoses...maybe one of them are cracked...the big one connected to the thottle body and the one connected to the PVC valve are the culprits frecuently....
      hmmm...hope these ideas help you...
      Good luck
      dochidalgo
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

the noise

It usually make the scraping noise when I park it usually I'm turning the wheels and this morning it made a buzzing sound below the shifter too

Comment

Sure sounds like its related to the power steering and the drive belt.

If you can't tell us anything about the car.... we can't help you. They made F-Bodys for 35 years. Hard to make a wild guess without knowing something about the car.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

the car

It's a 2000 firebird.

Comment

Working...
            X