HELP!! Wiper motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Wiper motor

I have installed a new wiper switch and new wiper motor. I know I am over looking something simple however I can not get the damn wipers to rest in the "parked" position. Thought I bought a bad/wrong motor so exchanged it for another, NO DICE!

Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Ready to shoot the car! Its a 94 coupe. TIA!!!! Sorry for venting.
    There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
    '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
    '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
    '99 Blazer (Mine)

When I installed my new wiper motor I had the same problem. What I did to fix it was I took the wiper blades off and turned the motor on and let it run then turned it all the way off. Then I put the wiper blades on at the very bottom of the windshield when the motor was in the park position. This solved the problem for me maybe it will work for you.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Kool, I will try that
      There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
      '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
      '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

Not the motor...

Well I have dicovered my problem, the wiper transmission that sits on top o' the wiper motor is bad... and for $69.02 at my local Chevy dealer I have a grip on the problem. Too bad $69.02 plus the cost of the switch (also from my local "your screwed" dealer) and the reman motor (I paid too much at NAPA for it) have been invested for a motor that was NOT bad to begin with. All this coin for a broken spring!

God I wish I still had my '55 Chevy hardtop. It was so much easier to work on.

'09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
        '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

Working...
        X