Leather seat question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather seat question...

I was just wondering if someone might be able to tell me if the front passenger seat back (just the back, not the bottom cushion) could be interchangeable with the driver seat back, providing I changed the plastic back part and headrest? My driver side bolster is torn up pretty good, and I might be able to get an exc. cond. passenger side back to replace it if it will go. Anyone done this before, or know if it will work? Thanks guys!!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

probably not, the seatbelt holster on it would be on the wrong side. Also, the plastic piece on the back that you use to fold the seat would be on the opposite side as well. It would probably work but you would have some tacky looking holes and slices.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
      probably not, the seatbelt holster on it would be on the wrong side. Also, the plastic piece on the back that you use to fold the seat would be on the opposite side as well. It would probably work but you would have some tacky looking holes and slices.
      Yes, but I would be putting my original driver's side headrest and plastic backing on it. Basically, I am just wanting to change the cushion part of it. I just don't know if there's anything that wouldn't bolt up to it properly.
      O.K....as I am reading this, it may sound a little confusing. That's the last thing I am trying to do, is being confusing! Basically, you take your driver's side and passenger side seats, just the top half (reclining) parts, not the bottom half of the seat. Can I just change the headrests and the back plastic part (part w/ the netting) and swap these? Basically I am wanting to swap the leather cushions. ??
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

It is possible to switch the seatcover from passenger to driver side. This is fairly common on early 4th gen f-bods with the fabric seats. People go to the junk yeard, get a good passenger side cover and install it on their drivers side. The only slight draw back is the 2 holes from the seatbelt loop and the slit from the little tilt-forward lever on the back.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I think it will fit perfectly, the headrests are not integral like the camaro ones, so no holes, you might have to cut a hole under the plastic back part so you can get the latching thing out, but that might already be precut.pretty easy job too
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/seatcover.htm
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
            X