Sail pannel speaker question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail pannel speaker question

One of my speakers in my 1999 TA blew and I was wondering what a good replacement speaker would be. My TA has the mosoon system in it and I am pleased with how it sounds and would kind of like to keep it as is. I took it to the local stereo place and they put in some high end 6.5" speakers, but they have no bass. These speaker would prabably be better suited in the front doors. I was wondering if there was a better aftermarket sub to put in there or if I am better of with just getting new factory speakers. Thanks for the help once again.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

I put infinity kappa 62.5i's in mine. the sound is unbeatable.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
      I put infinity kappa 62.5i's in mine. the sound is unbeatable.

Thanks for the suggestion. do these speakers have a good, solid bass sound?

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

As my sig. states I have MBQuart Reference series 6.5s in my car. They sound awesome but they do like power. My aftermarket Alpine head unit couldn't drive them properly (to my satisfaction) so I added an amp. I don't think the stock head unit, Monsoon or not, is up to the job.

Scott
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
          Thanks for the suggestion. do these speakers have a good, solid bass sound?
          The best I've heard.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

i put rockford fosgate mid ranges in mine they don't have overwhelming bass but are very clear. they aren't the very top of the line but they are definately worth the money in my book. but i also used them in the front door may dbe different if i used them elsewhere but i wouldn't imagine the difference would be much if noticeable
            '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
            '00 T/A Silver
            '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Ha ha, I have the same Problem. I just Blew the Driver side Sub. I wanna leave the stock unit on just change out the stock subs. Would those Infinity Kappa'a for for my application?
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                Ha ha, I have the same Problem. I just Blew the Driver side Sub. I wanna leave the stock unit on just change out the stock subs. Would those Infinity Kappa'a for for my application?
                they need some modification if you don't have bracket adapters. I got mine in with 3 screws. It is more than snug enough. They sound better than monsoon's I have heard in other camaro's. The only problem with the infinity Kappa's is the price. Theyre $$$$$

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Would I be able to purchase the infinity speakers at a car audio place, or would I have to order them?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
                    Thanks for the input guys. Would I be able to purchase the infinity speakers at a car audio place, or would I have to order them?
                    umm, i had to order mine. Circuit city doesn't carry the kappa's, they don't sell anything that expensive in the store I don't think. Theyre an authorized infinity dealer tho so they may be able to order them for you. I ordered mine from an online store and saved $$.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      umm, i had to order mine. Circuit city doesn't carry the kappa's, they don't sell anything that expensive in the store I don't think. Theyre an authorized infinity dealer tho so they may be able to order them for you.
                      Well i looked for them on ebay and they go for like $45-70 which when it comes to audio speakers is kids play, unless im looking at the wrong ones.
                      How expensive should they be?>
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        Well i looked for them on ebay and they go for like $45-70 which when it comes to audio speakers is kids play, unless im looking at the wrong ones.
                        How expensive should they be?>
                        If you can get a pair of infinity kappa 6.5" speakers for 45 bucks, get it and get it quick before I find it and take it first.

Comment

Alright Well I got a Set Of infinity Kappa's for a good price of 50 bucks flat. Open Box and tested. And i went to install them and I realized that there at 2 sets of wires going into the Mid Ranges. So how do I hook up the speakers to it. Do i just use one set of wires and not use the second set?

I'f Im not mistaken they should be both running at 4 Ohms.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

hmmm, it's pretty self explanatory. If something doesn't look right you might have the wrong stuff. 4 wires run to the speaker, and two to the power and ground for the factory wiring.

Did you get kappa 2 way or 3 ways?

Comment

Naw its Different. Im very experienced when it comes to custom audio installations and its not self explanatory. If you look at the Stock Speaker you can see what im talking about. Should I be running the 2 channels in series or parallel or hook up one set of wires and ignore the other 2 wires??

Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X