tick tock..... well maybe not the tock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick tock..... well maybe not the tock

yeah well my 94 lt1 formy has a very odd tick noise to it. Most noticable under moderate throttle.. ticking increases w/ RPM. However not very noticable while idealing. The car ideals perfectly, has great throttle response, doesnt seem to be sluggish at all. Another thing that is getting me is that the ticking is more noticable in the drivers seat when running then w/ the hood open and me under it. It is coming from the drivers side of the engine compartment... Im gonna go by my buddies house later the week to investgate. Any ideas would help. I know that this is pretty vague, and to properly diagnose the problem it would help to actually hear the car. Im hopeing that its a injector, exhuast leak, or something under the valve covers. I personally really dont want to pull of the intake manifold and all that. Also when parked when revved the exhaust smells rich. Car doesnt leak or burn anything, since i bought it recently i've be checking all the fluids regualrly. the motor only has 81,xxx on it.
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Sounds like an exhuast leak. A leak before the O2 sensors will cause the engine to run rich. Do you have headers or stock manifolds?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

stock manifolds...
      1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        Sounds like an exhuast leak. A leak before the O2 sensors will cause the engine to run rich. Do you have headers or stock manifolds?
        I second that.

Comment

Working...
        X