Just came to the conclusion that I need wheelie bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came to the conclusion that I need wheelie bars

Had an interesting ride today. Pulled a wheelstand and held it for about 10 feet. Was leaning foreward, frantically trying to disengage the clutch while crapping a cinderblock. It's a Toro 8 HP rear engine with hard shell bagger. Talk about weight transfer! I was starting up a slight incline and the clutch grabbed. The front wheels jerked skyward, it settled back on the grass catcher shell and rode the wheelstand up the hill. As the front came up I did manage to disengage the blades, but all I kept thinking about was that this was going all the way over. A few small wheels on the bottom of the grass catcher should do the trick.

First Dodge Colts, then Lawnmowers - Yer losin it Joseph. Hey! I work at Briggs & Stratton - if U want maybe I could scare up one of the new Formula engines that we're developing, then you could really cut grass...

BTW, back in 81 or 82, my friend bought one of those Colts with two shift knobs - that car was a lot of fun to drive - it was really dinky though.

Comment

I can get you a good deal on a setup like this... if you think the lawn tractor can handle it...... the 'chute mount is optional

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred, those would be perfect. It would really be trick looking when the rear shell is removed. With the shell on, they should tuck cleanly under the whole thing and be totally functional. I'll have to fab this up and take some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          First Dodge Colts, then Lawnmowers - Yer losin it Joseph. Hey! I work at Briggs & Stratton - if U want maybe I could scare up one of the new Formula engines that we're developing, then you could really cut grass...

BTW, back in 81 or 82, my friend bought one of those Colts with two shift knobs - that car was a lot of fun to drive - it was really dinky though.

Those old Colts were so lightweight, they could be tossed around easily. Felt like driving a go cart with a thin steel shell. Mine with all modifications weighed 1826 lbs with a half tank of fuel and driver. That curb weight should have been 1620 as I weighed about 205 at that time. Handling on a road course was exceptional. Too much throttle and you got into serious trouble though. It was a ROYAL PITA to track down parts. Everyone said the car didn't exist. I couldn't get parts from anywhere except the dealer and they had to get it from Japan. Everything was all rosey for 85 and up, but that was a different car altogether. Other than that, it was an absolute blast. Just scary at times.

Comment

Working...
          X