brake job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake job

before my 98 z28 got totalled i bought new brake pads and rotors for the car. Any my 94 formy needs a brake job, will i be able to use these brake pads and rotors. I know the Ls1 is a dual piston caliper setup, and the lt1 is not. Anyone think i can use these parts?
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

No. They are different. Front and back.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have read that puting the later-model LS1 brakes on an LT1 car is an upgrade- people have done it, not sure what all needs to be changed.

Maybe you should sell them to me, I need front rotors for my '01....
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

See the link below to another thread. There should be instructions to the swap. I still want to do it...time and money...

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17651
        '96 Firebird Formula, LT1, stock, automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
          I have read that puting the later-model LS1 brakes on an LT1 car is an upgrade- people have done it, not sure what all needs to be changed.

Maybe you should sell them to me, I need front rotors for my '01....
          Converting the brakes means knuckles, rotors, calipers and pads. You can't just use the other pads.
          Here is a comparison picture of the LT1 front brakes on the left and the LS1 front brakes on the right. Notice the ears on the brake pads on the left. The pads ride on the knuckle on the LT1 brakes. The LS1 brake pads ride on the caliper.
          http://www.claire-marie.net/LT1vsLS1_brakes.JPG
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X