how do i bleed air from slave line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i bleed air from slave line?

I am having a little trouble remembering exactly how to bleed the air out of the clutch line and can't seem to find anything on google...anyone able to help me out???
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Originally posted by ws6drbob
    I am having a little trouble remembering exactly how to bleed the air out of the clutch line and can't seem to find anything on google...anyone able to help me out???
    I've never done it on an fbod, but on my DSM there's a bleeder valve right on the back of the slave cyl. It's 10mm I believe.

Stick a vaccuum line on it and into some brake fluid, loosen the valve, depress clutch to floor, tighten line, let off clutch, loosen, press again, etc.
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
      I've never done it on an fbod, but on my DSM there's a bleeder valve right on the back of the slave cyl. It's 10mm I believe.

Stick a vaccuum line on it and into some brake fluid, loosen the valve, depress clutch to floor, tighten line, let off clutch, loosen, press again, etc.
      That's the problem..... there is no bleeder of any kind on the 93-97 LT1 clutch hydraulics. A bleeder was added to the 98 and newer LS1 hydraulics, on the revised slave cylinder. But there is no bleeder on the LT1 hydraulics.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X