performance lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance lighting

I have a 95 lt-1. I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket headlights. Can anyone reccomend a site to order from. Thanks for your help in advance.

I have researched this also. This is the only thing I have found. http://www.autooptiks.com/front.htm . I remember somebody on here saying they were junk but they also said they didn't try them.

I ran across a site where I guy took out the stock bulbs, drilled a hole in the bumper and mounted round PIAAs there. I thought it looked very bad.

I also ran accoss one where they guy took a stock housing, took the bulb out, got a plastic housing off another car that took the 9005-9006 bulbs, cut the mounting ring off, glued it to the glass bulb where he took out the stock bulb and used 9005-9006 bulbs. I'm going through that.

I plan on getting the Auto Optics bulb housings because I can't find anything else
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Look on Ebay I got new housings that perfectly fit the 93-97 LT1s and Xenon bulbs for like $30.00, they are MUCH better than the OEM head lamps and it only took like 15min to install.

I got them about 2 years ago, so I can't remember the name of the company who sold them.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

KnightFire, Were they for your Firebird or a Camaro? They use different bulbs.

93-97 Firebird
        LOW BEAM 6545
        HIGH BEAM n/a

93-97 Camaro
        LOW BEAM 4351
        HIGH BEAM 4352
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          KnightFire, Were they for your Firebird or a Camaro? They use different bulbs.

93-97 Firebird
          LOW BEAM 6545
          HIGH BEAM n/a

93-97 Camaro
          LOW BEAM 4351
          HIGH BEAM 4352
          For the Bird
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment