Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header swap opinion

http://www.lmperformance.com/7322/2.html

are these a good choice for a y-pipe header swap i don't have much more money for this swap so it's probably going to be taken out on my headers and y-pipe

also, are these coated it doesn't give much information in the description does anyone know how much it will cost to get them coated if they aren't ?
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Just looking at the picture and description I'd be inclined to say they are not coated. It looks like they are just painted silver. For that kind of money I'd expect coated, but then again that system does include two cats. I'd think if it was coated it would say so.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i called the line and they told me it was a silicone heat coat sounds like just a spray on junk

anyone have any other ideas who is selling a good headers, y-pipe set for cheap right now ?
      1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

Comment

I had a set of those on my 96ss. There not coated and the paint held good with the heat but started getting rust spots after two years. They fit good and i liked the ball type flanges. Made it easy two switch from off-road to the high-flow cats for inspection. The only u clamp was where the catback attached to the y-pipe but if you use a band clamp and never sieze it comes back off easy. They drivers side triangle flange sucks. With the cat the one nut is hard to tighten. This would only be one the Dual cat Headers though. Its pulled alot harder. My SS was mostly stock With a full
        Mac exhaust ,Air foil and a K&N and Ran a 13.4 with a 2.2-2.4 60' @ i believe 104-5 with street tires and a poor 60' time.

Comment

if you can pull the cats out of that model can you put cats into this http://www.lmperformance.com/7432/2.html ? or is there a y-pipe that i can swap the cats in and out easily ?

Comment

Just so that you know, I had a set of BBK 1 5/8" headers in my car and I decided to switch them out for a set of SLP 1 3/4". The difference was very noticeable. They are more expensive, but well worth it. Personally, I hated spending all that money on the first set just to come back and drop more money down for the one I should have purchased in the first place.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30017C

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin '97 WS6
              Just so that you know, I had a set of BBK 1 5/8" headers in my car and I decided to switch them out for a set of SLP 1 3/4". The difference was very noticeable. They are more expensive, but well worth it. Personally, I hated spending all that money on the first set just to come back and drop more money down for the one I should have purchased in the first place.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30017C
              I've got the SLPs too. Great headers.

Comment

Working...
              X