Bilstein Springs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein Springs?

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension on my 1997 Firebird Formula. I'm going with the bilstein shocks, but I also found bistein lowering springs. Is anyone running these or know anything about them? Just curious on how they compare with the Eibach Pro Kit. Thanks for any input you might be able to offer.

Fst97formula
    18" weld wheels (not pictured yet), cold air intake, tranny: 2250 stall, corvette servos, internal shift kit; ram air hood, flowmaster single chamber muffler w/ 3" exhaust work, 2002 tailights.

Your better off leaving the stock springs (as they are really pretty good) and using the extra money to buy Koni shocks. Bilstein shocks are marginally better (the new versions anyway) then the DeCarbons. The old Bilsteins weren't bad, but the new versions were revalved to make the rear softer. And, since the warranty is short (I think like 90 days?), and Koni offers a lifetime warranty, it was an easy decision for me. If you want to lower the car, you can with the Koni's. Having adjustability is icing on the cake as the Konis can be adjusted from soft to firm on the car.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I think only the double adjustable konis are able to adjust the height of the car. I have the single adjustables on my car (reds) and they dont have that ability.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
        I think only the double adjustable konis are able to adjust the height of the car. I have the single adjustables on my car (reds) and they dont have that ability.
        No. The double adjustable are able to adjust joice and rebound separately. They don't have a height adjustment like the Hals do.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That is correct. The single adjustable yellow Koni's can adjust height (front) by using either the upper or lower spring perch. It'll drop the nose 1/2". You can drop the rear by removing the spring mount on top for a 1/2" drop in the rear.
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Got ya... That makes alot more sense.

I was thinking that by "adjustable height" you meant that if you turned the knob on the rebound all they way, it would cause the car not to raise up as much after the shock has been depressed
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
            X