Windshield Wipers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Wipers

Can someone suggest a good brand of windshield wipers for a firebird? Last time (~a year ago) I purchased some, they didn't work the best, and I was a little confused on how they attached to the arm. As I remember, my wiper arm seemed to hook the opposite way the picture showed. Well, today, my driver’s side wiper, well, flew off my car at highway speed. Quite the expression on my face I can imagine. Anyway, any suggestions for a good fitting (and performing) wiper?

Ryan
    '96 Firebird Formula, LT1, stock, automatic

You might want to go with a dealer wiper. If i remember correctly no one makes a blade that'll fit perfectly besides the dealer. But i heard they're expensive (like 60 bucks). Now i bought some made by rain-X(i think), and they wipe well but they miss two big spots near the end of the "up stroke". Now since i spent maybe 8 bucks for each blade i don't mind it, but i figured i'd let you know.

edit: someone let me know if i'm wrong so i can get some blades that'll not break the bank and wipe the entire windshield
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Trico Xact fit.

These fit PERFECT - it's the only brand that I could find that was perfect. Try this link or paste the address into your browser and take a look . . . . they're inexpensive too!

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...r=Wiper+Blades
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
        Trico Xact fit.

These fit PERFECT - it's the only brand that I could find that was perfect. Try this link or paste the address into your browser and take a look . . . . they're inexpensive too!

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...r=Wiper+Blades
        Nice, and it ships in 1 day. I'll have to give them a try.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I'll give them a try. Thanks! (it helps too that they're fast...I kinda need one quick )

Comment

I've found 2 brands that fit. You can do a search of this forum to find a post I made about a year and a half ago.

I don't remember the names exactly, but NAPA stores carry one that is a perfect fit. The other one is Anco or something like that. You can find it in Advance Auto I believe. In this case however you can't just grab the 24". The Anco blade that fits F-bodies specifically says "For Firebird and Camaro" on the box. Either one works great.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I noticed when I was searching for the "Xact Fit" brand using the link provided by 97LT1Z28, it offered a choice to pick up at an Advance Auto Parts store, of which I have in my town. They had them in stock, and I am the proud owner of two new wipers.

Let me just say that are just that...an exact fit. They work awesome. I have not seen a better aftermarket wiper for a firebird (others are good quality, but they just don't fit the f-body windshield)

You guys here have come through again, and I thank you!

Comment

Hey I picked up a pair of these today and they are excellent. They just slipped on! I strongly reccomend!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                X