ATI procharger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm with raroz28.

i ran 8psi with my setup and didn't have any problems.

what model blower is it what i/c's are you running and how much are you giving for it?
    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
    '00 T/A Silver
    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
      edited....

By the way...a '97Z with only 51k? Nice find!
      thanx i bought it 4 years a go with 39,ooo miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Keep the boost 4-5 psi or you'll likely crush the ring lands. The factory pistons are a little weak in that area.
        so 6 pounds is to much for a stock engine then with 51,000 on it ????

Comment

edited....

Comment

edited....
            1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

-----------
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

---------------------
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

editerd..... since nothing to contribute
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

edited....
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Let's edit out all the non-relevant content.......

Amazing how little help he really got.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                        i'm with raroz28.

i ran 8psi with my setup and didn't have any problems.

what model blower is it what i/c's are you running and how much are you giving for it?

Then perhaps you got lucky. There are numerous reports all over the net where starting at 6 psi, people blew the ring lands. In order to run more than 4-5 psi your tuning must be spot on. One glitch at boost and you're done. You'll always run across people that push things and come up with "I run it on mine and it's fine" That may very well be the case. Just remember that staying a little conservative on cylinder pressure with stock LT-1 pistons is a very smart idea. One tank of bad fuel combined with a heavy foot and it's rebuild time. Can more psi be done? sure.... for how long is the real issue. To be safe, if you want to run more boost, get forged pistons.

If your unit is set up for 6 psi, you better have a good fuel pump, good injectors and you better have an intercooler. Anything that you can do to avoid detonation is pretty much mandatory. Get a good quality boost gauge and keep an eye on things!

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                          Let's edit out all the non-relavent content.......
                          great idea Fred.

And remember guys...... let the moderators handle things.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            great idea Fred.

And remember guys...... let the moderators handle things.
                            always do you guys do a good job.

oh and i'm sorry if i sounded like i was second guesssing you joe. that wasn't it by no means. when i ran that set up i had the ATI additional inline pump, good 42# injectors, twin high flow intercoolers, and good gauges both fuel pressure and boost, and a really good custom dyno tune. but i upgraded.

but my vote is for getting the ATI system.
                            '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                              always do you guys do a good job.

oh and i'm sorry if i sounded like i was second guesssing you joe. that wasn't it by no means. when i ran that set up i had the ATI additional inline pump, good 42# injectors, twin high flow intercoolers, and good gauges both fuel pressure and boost, and a really good custom dyno tune. but i upgraded.

but my vote is for getting the ATI system.
                              No need to be sorry! A variety of opinions is always good. The additional equipment was a wise choice, that's the stuff that enables the motor to live.

Comment

yes and it made for a pretty sweet set up too if i might add. it ended up at
                                381 RWHP 401 FT-LB. aside from what was listed above i only had a hallowed cat. and flowmaster 3" cat back exhaust. my set up is completely different now but still got the same blower just more boost.
                                '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X