lost keys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost keys...

I lost the keys to my trans am, what are my options? I've already tried having another key made at the dealer off the VIN # the key they gave me doesn't work so I'm guessing the steering column has been replaced or something.
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Does the key turn in the lock? If it does turn but the pellet resistor is wrong, leading to a no start, a variable resistance box would be handy in this situation. All that would be required is to drop the lower panel below the column and seperate the harness connection to the VATS module. Insert the two leads from the box into the VATS harness and toggle though the multiple resistors until the car starts. Then record the value and order the appropriate replacement pellet key.

If the key won't tuen in the lock, then you'll have to disassemble the steering end of the column and replace the key lock with a new one from a dealer with matching keys.

Comment

is there away I can buy a replacement key and cylinder, and they have a locksmith come out and do the pellet thing?
      1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Comment

Working...
      X