Gtech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtech

Do any of you have a Gtech, or know if they are at all accurate?
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Originally posted by LS1 TA
    Do any of you have a Gtech, or know if they are at all accurate?
    They are great for measuring gains but marginally accurate in the 1/4 mile due to how the timer is triggered.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      They are great for measuring gains but marginally accurate in the 1/4 mile due to how the timer is triggered.
      Yep. The ET is pretty darned close but the mph is off. I've run my g-tech at the track alongside the timers. Each time the g-tech's ET was within a tenth, but the speed on the g-tech was 3-4 mph higher than the dragstrip timer's measured trap speed. It's a handy device that allows you to practice your technique to drive the car to best ET and it's helpful for evaluating the performance before and after any mods are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Yep. The ET is pretty darned close but the mph is off. I've run my g-tech at the track alongside the timers. Each time the g-tech's ET was within a tenth, but the speed on the g-tech was 3-4 mph higher than the dragstrip timer's measured trap speed. It's a handy device that allows you to practice your technique to drive the car to best ET and it's helpful for evaluating the performance before and after any mods are done.
        Fantastic! Seeing as tracks are few and far in between in New Mexico, I think this may be a good investment. My buddy purchased a kenwood radio that has something similar to Gtech built in it, but other than him, I don't know anyone else with it. Its a kenwood kdc x890.
        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
          Fantastic! Seeing as tracks are few and far in between in New Mexico, I think this may be a good investment. .
          It's actually one heck of an investment. I used it for the most part to learn the best launch technique, 60' time, 0-30 and 0-60 times. That way I could shut down and not feel like I had to run the whole quarter mile. It saved lots of time going to and from the track, saved me the dough required to run at the track and the wear and tear of the full quarter mile passes. One thing is for sure, if used correctly it will be directly responsible for you learning how to 60' your car.

Comment

Story.

I got one of the early Gtechs. Before the pro was introduced. It would never accurately measure any of the times in my Syclone. After talking to Jovo Stoyanovich or someone that sounds like that at Gtech, I found out their gtech would not measure the higher G loads. The Syclone hooked so hard on stock tires that the Gtech could not measure it. So, he sent me a brand new Pro model at no cost to me, and it worked perfectly.

Comment

I was looking on Ebay and there's some Remanufactured ones for about $150. Would it be worth getting one of those? THey are located in Santa Monica, California so I already sent the seller a message about pick-ups. This is something that I have been looking into and would like to have B4 I start doing all my suspension work on my car. If Norm and Joe Give the thumbs up its worth the money.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                I was looking on Ebay and there's some Remanufactured ones for about $150. Would it be worth getting one of those? THey are located in Santa Monica, California so I already sent the seller a message about pick-ups. This is something that I have been looking into and would like to have B4 I start doing all my suspension work on my car. If Norm and Joe Give the thumbs up its worth the money.
                DO NOT buy a g-tech pro. They fry left and right, that's why you see re-manufactured units out there. If anything, look at one of these:

http://www.msperformanceonline.com/PERFMETERSMSP.html

They are less fragile, don't fry as frequently and seem to be worth the dough.

Comment

DO NOT buy a g-tech pro. They fry left and right, that's why you see re-manufactured units out there. If anything, look at one of these:

http://www.msperformanceonline.com/PERFMETERSMSP.html

They are less fragile, don't fry as frequently and seem to be worth the dough.
                  Thanks Joe. Do u know anyone that has one. The only reason I ask is b/c It seems alot more simple and there is a very Big difference between the G-Tech and The Vector. I was looking at the FX-1. That price seems Great but I just need to still have my guard up and Question it. If you think its worth it then I know what Im ordering Tonight. The only real difference is the "Advanced G-force meter," the display color, and the pc download capability and the memory storage from the FX-1 and 2. What your Opinion?
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I have two g-techs that have both crapped out after very little use. I've heard several others that have complained about the g-techs that's why this last time I went with the beltronics FX-1. i really didn't care much about the ability to download and all that stuff, all I cared about was getting instant results. I try a technique, read the results instantly and then try again. Mine has performed flawless for a couple of years now. Get one, you won't be sorry.

Comment

I have two g-techs that have both crapped out after very little use. I've heard several others that have complained about the g-techs that's why this last time I went with the beltronics FX-1. i really didn't care much about the ability to download and all that stuff, all I cared about was getting instant results. I try a technique, read the results instantly and then try again. Mine has performed flawless for a couple of years now. Get one, you won't be sorry.
                      10-4, Thanks Alot JOe. Im going to Order it right now.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I had a Vericom a while back. It is the same unit that Motorweek magazine uses in their tests. It's really big though. Maybe they have a newer and more compact model out now.

Comment

After looking around the internet I couldnt really find out how this thing works or how you use it. Im very curious about this thing, Ive never seen anything like it. Help?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                            After looking around the internet I couldnt really find out how this thing works or how you use it. Im very curious about this thing, Ive never seen anything like it. Help?
                            It suction cups to the windshield, plugs into the cigarette lighter port for power and it contains a small accelerometer that measures the g-forces produced from movement. It extrapolates distance and speed from those measurements. They are pretty darned accurate.

Comment

Here's the link to Gtech.

http://www.gtechpro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X