Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for interior paint formula

Greetings,

I wish to touch up the plastic parts on my doors (98 Firebird, dark grey interior) and was just wondering if anyone had the formula for the color?

The interior color code does not match the 'speaker pod' plastic color - it's turns out too light.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tim

Try the Eastwood Company's "Graphite" vinyl paint. I've used it to paint parts on the interior of my 94 Formula, and a friend's dash on a 30th SS. Match was excellent.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      Try the Eastwood Company's "Graphite" vinyl paint. I've used it to paint parts on the interior of my 94 Formula, and a friend's dash on a 30th SS. Match was excellent.
      I may check into that one, the only problem for me is to get it (as I am located in Canada, and not sure if they will ship an aerosol product across the boarder) - which is why I was hoping someone had a 'formula' so I could have it mixed locally.

I do know that the SEM graphite does not match – it is too light (it matches the console area, but on the plastic trim on the door panel, it's much lighter.

Comment

Regular automotive paint probably wont stick too well. But I am sure that if you go to a body shop they will work with you to get a match.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

I have used this stuff before. It might be available at a local dealer.
          http://www.bondo-online.com/catalog_...asp?hdrBrand=7
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X