Reverse Problems. Transmission Pro's please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Problems. Transmission Pro's please

Well I posted before a problem about the fact that The reverse in my car does not engage properly and If I just put it in It pops out and grinds. What I do at that point is I put it in 2nd then back in Reverse and force it to stay there as I go Back, but sometimes it still forces itself out. Every other Gear works Great. The Clutch works good, just replaced it. Is it that the Trans is done and I need to have it rebuilt? Will changing the Fluid do anything?
    Someone told me that it might be that the Solinoid that locks out Reverse might of been staying semi-engaged but I had this checked at the dealer and its fine. What Can Be the Problem? Any help would be great.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

I'm looking at my '99 Service Manual. There are a couple entries in here that may apply:

1. Shifts hard into reverse.
    -Reverse lockout solenoid circuit is not functioning properly or is defective
    -reverse lockout mechanism is not functioning properly
    -There is an internal bind in the transmission caused by the synchronizer

2. Transmission jumps out of gear
    -Transmission shift control closeout boot is not properly positioned (That's an easy check)
    -Transmission shift control is loose or damaged (That's the shifter)
    -Engine and/or Transmission mount are loose or damaged

Hopefully it's not the synchronizer.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!

Hopefully it's not the synchronizer.
      That's my first thought.

Comment

My guess its the Solenoid b/c I put it in Gear and It fights me a little and then I get the clutch out and It seems to Pop Real Hard into Gear as if the Gear is forced in as I release the clutch but I still have to Apply Pressure to the Shifter to keep it engaged.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
          1. Shifts hard into reverse.
          -Reverse lockout solenoid circuit is not functioning properly or is defective
          -reverse lockout mechanism is not functioning properly
          If Its the reverse Solenoid, Is this an easy Fix or is it something that the transmission will have to be dropped for?
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            If Its the reverse Solenoid, Is this an easy Fix or is it something that the transmission will have to be dropped for?
            Here's the installation procedure for the solenoid. It's on the passenger side of the tranny just below the shifter. You'll have to get under the car to get to it.
            Attached Files
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

It seems pretty easy, do you guys think its worth changing to see if maybe thats whats wrong?
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
              X