F-Bird Upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-Bird Upgrades

Well I own a '02 automatic v6 firebird and I am looking to upgrade the engine a little. I am looking at getting a K and N cold air intake and maybe get the car tuned. I'm not sure where to get it tuned in VA, but any help would be nice. I am lookin at the hypertech programmer also. Any comments on how hypertech programmers would be useful. Any other upgrades to get more horses out of my ride? Thx for the help.
    2002 V6 Firebird

most people on this site aren't fans of the hypertech. A lot of people are fans of mail order tunes. Now i'm not sure if they have one for v6's but you can check out www.madz28.com to see if they can do it. Or also www.pcmforless.com . More people will chime in
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i know a kid with a 2002 camaro rs 3800 series.....u can get a good amount of power out of new spark plugs and ignition coil...even bigger fuel injectors work good

http://www.v6fbody.com/v6fbody_version_03.shtml

try this website it seems good

Comment

The Hypertech Programmer is Alright. Does not give you a huge gain. I dont think its worth the Money unless you have different Size tired, So you can Correct the Speedo, and maybe also for the Fan Temp. Adjustment if your running a 160 Ther. Other than that its pretty much useless. You can Also stiffen the Shift firmness so it shifts harder but thats about it. But then again my old experience was with a 96 LT1. I forgot you can also Raise the RPM limiter as well as the Speed limiter.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ya hypertech is looking useless, but mail order tunes are soundin good
          2002 V6 Firebird

Comment

Working...
          X