msd problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msd problem

I had a shop install msd system, also had them fix oil leak on intake manifold. Now it will run but will die when starting from a stop. It is hard starting after it quits. My question is, What could have they done to cause this. I have a 1995 Z-28, which is my baby. Any ideas would be helpfull.

Fuel Filter, or the Fuel pump? Take it back for them to double check the installation for the MSD.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by badbob
      I had a shop install msd system, also had them fix oil leak on intake manifold. Now it will run but will die when starting from a stop. It is hard starting after it quits. My question is, What could have they done to cause this. I have a 1995 Z-28, which is my baby. Any ideas would be helpfull.
      My bet is something was left disconnected after doing the intake oil leak fix, there is likely a vacuum leak. You could disconnect the MAF sensor and try something. It will trip the SES light, but it will put the car in speed density mode. Instead of using the MAF to read incoming air, the computer uses tables within the PCM. If disconnecting the MAF makes drivability better, look for vacuum leaks that would add additional air that the MAF wouldn't be reading.

Comment

What MSD components did they install, as part of the "msd system"?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

msd\ vacuum problem

Thanks a lot folks, I will look in to the ideas brought forth.

Comment

Msd problem

The system they installed was a MSD 6A, with a Msd Blaster coil, with the wire harness. I bought this set up from Jegs.

Comment

MSD Install

Does anyone know where I could get some install information for a MSD, for my 95 Z-28. I had found a post somewhere of a persons install, that had step by step with color pictures. I think they did not use all the connections on the coil.

Comment

Does anyone know where I could get some install information for a MSD, for my 95 Z-28. I had found a post somewhere of a persons install, that had step by step with color pictures. I think they did not use all the connections on the coil.
                Off the box, There should be just a plug that goes to the coil. All you need to do is By-pass the stock plug into the MSD box then thats it. Its pretty simple. Me and my brother installed it on his 96 Maro. Went on like clockworks.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

MSD has complete install instructions on their website. MSD only uses one connector on the 93-95 coil.
                  Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
                  X