Tune Port Injection for 89 GTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune Port Injection for 89 GTA

I just recently bought a 1989 gta. I've been looking at the engine, and it looks like its been bored out, and it has a tune port injection system. Can anyone tell me if this is a good system, and what exactly does it do because I've never seen one before. thanks

What gives you the idea that it was bored out? The TPI is a pretty cool set-up. I always liked that engine. My buddy from High school as an I-Roc with a TPI 350. Fun car but he sold it and got a New GT after I beat him in my old Fixed up Honda. ha ha
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Tuned Port Injection motors tend to be torque monsters.. But usually dont have the upper RPM horsepower that other injection methods can give you. For ALOT of info on your engine, go to thirdgen.org. More info than you can read.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

I am the previous owner of the same kind of car. The have alot of torque, but don't make the HP. The TPI set up doesn't breath real well, especially at the higher RPM's. The car will spin the tires like a champ though at the bottom end. I believe they came stock with 245 HP and 320ft/lb of torque.
        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Working...
        X