Location of o2 sensors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of o2 sensors

Ive been searching the forum and the internet and I cannot find anything pretty much that tells me where my o2 sensors are located on my 3.4. I've heard "after the catalytic converter" and something near the manifold. Only my right bank is scanning codes at the moment, but I am going to replace both. What I am in need of is a photo or diagram if anyone has one availible. I'm new to mechanics and I've never done this before so all tips are appreciated!

Thank You Everyone!

2002 Firehawk Sold

the 3.8L's have a O2 sensor on each exhaust manifold right as they start heading toward the Y pipe, im not sure about the 3.4's. The last 02 is a few inches to the rear of the CAT. im not sure if yours is gonna be the same, but i wouldnt think there would be to much of a reason they would change it. They just look like a slender metal cylinder with a few wires coming out of them. I'd recomment buying a special socket designed for 02 sensors, and good luck they are pain to get off as they are connected to metal that is constantly expanding and contracting.
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Based on the year of your car, '94, your are most likely ODDI- on-board diagnostic 1- which doesn't measure catalyst performance- which is a long way to say that you have O2 sensors before the cats to adjust your air-fuel ration, but after the cats to measure catalyst performance- something that is measured on OBDII-

On the V-8's there is one in eash exhaust manifold
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Ahhh!

So i went and got the o2 socket on loan from autozone. And i still cant get the darn things off. Ive tried it with the car warm and cold and nothing. So unless i can locate an air wrench in the next 2 hours, i think im going to have to pay 50 dollars in labor to get them done!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
          Ahhh!

So i went and got the o2 socket on loan from autozone. And i still cant get the darn things off. Ive tried it with the car warm and cold and nothing. So unless i can locate an air wrench in the next 2 hours, i think im going to have to pay 50 dollars in labor to get them done!

You Can Do It!!!!!!!!
          1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

A torch on the nut will usually make them let go.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

propane blow torch!... watch the fuel lines!

Comment

Ya i know, the guy at autozone said do it but be careful, except i do not own a blow torch at college! lol

I'll give it another crack in an hour

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

buy one, they are inexpensive and highly entertaining!

Comment

Lol yeah but I like living!

Paid 53 dollars to have em done, but hey...drop in the bucket compared to what ive put into this thing. o2 sensors were covered in a very nice coating of black.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X