activation switch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• activation switch?

I just got the new level 2 shift light from autometer. It has 5 programmed shift points. It has a stage shift light and here is the question. It has to be hook it up to Line-lock/transbrake or brake pedal. I have a t-56 now and want to know any options of how I could use this when I race?
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

I found this link has anyone used it? Can it be used for what I want?
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=105
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

If you are installing a nitrous kit, that is a very good substitute for a mechanical WOT switch. But its not clear from your posts so far what you are trying to accomplish...... might want to clarify.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

There is an WOT peak a/f memory recall but you need it hooked up to a wot switch.
        I LOVE COBRA'S -
        THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

And the WOT A/F recall is part of the Aurometer Level 2 shift light??????? Or are you also adding a wide-band setup?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

LOL i totally f-ed up that post I actually have 2 questions. One about the shift light then had a brain fart and started asking about the wide band guage.
            I LOVE COBRA'S -
            THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Might want to start over

I assume you're trying to set the car up for the strip, and want to use the shift light to allow you to get the RPM's where you want them on the line for launch, then use the shift light to set shift points that may be different for each gear. That would indicate that you may be into bracket racing, and looking for extreme consistancy.

The more background you can give, the easier it will be to put together the components you need to make it all work together.
              Fred

Comment

You are right- I bracket race casually with friends. I just switched to 6 speed and want to get a consistant launch. I know going to a manual will prolly kill my consistance but i couldn't stand my auto.

part 2 I got a wide band gauge as well and it needs a WOT activation switch for peak A/F memory. actually my really question is- PEAK memory is that important? If so will that NOS activation TPS work?
                I LOVE COBRA'S -
                THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Working...
                X