will bigger injectors help? and what size do i go with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will bigger injectors help? and what size do i go with

i have a stock camaro ioroc 89 tpi 5.0. i recently put in a custom programable performance chip stage 2. i have a underdrive pulley kit installed. i have not cat. on the car. i have a airfoil installed. i have a mac performance catback exhaust installed. i recently purchased edelbrock headers, SLP runners, K&N filter and a new blaster coil. these still have to be installed. i was thinking of purchasing new injectors. but i dont know what size? also, do i need a fuel pressure regulator or can i have the guy reflash my performance chip to accomodate the bigger injectors. will these injectors be a waste of money or will i see a noticeable gain in h.p. i was just thinking since im changing the intake runners i mine as well do the injectors. would i also have to purchase a bigger fuel pump or will the stock one be finesince my goal is only 300 hp. my goal is to reach the golden number of 300 hp.please help with any ideas to reach this. would 410 gears be to big? and i need to know what size of torque converter to go with. i'm up for any ideas? i got my income tax return and want to put it all in my camaro. please help

--- -------
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

4.10's seem a little to big. Maybe some 3.73. You can get like a 2500 stall Converter. I would not change the injectors, they are not so cheap. Get some Roller Rockers, They prove like 20 hp I think. THen Again thats for an LS1. There is not to much more you can do, but to go Internals. Some head work maybe. I dont know to much about the TPI engine
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        Is it Auto Or Manual? 4.1's seem a little to big. Maybe some 3.73. You can get like a 2500 stall Converter. I would not change the injectors, they are not so cheap. Get some Roller Rockers, They prove like 20 hp I think. THen Again thats for an LS1.
        its a auto 700r4

Comment

I dont think new high performance injectors will help at your performance level. The stocker are still within their limits. Once you do some head or cam work, then it might be time to step them up.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

I've found you can approximate the injector requirements by multiplying the flywheel HP by 0.07. If you're talking about 300 flywheel HP, you'd be looking at a 21 #/HR injector (300 x 0.07 = 21). That assumes you have a moderately efficient tune (0.475 #/HR/HP BSFC) and don't push them over 85% duty cycle. I don't know what the stock injectors are on the 85 5.0 TPI.

The best approach is generally to keep the fuel pressure at the stock setting, and have the new injector flow constant and offsets programmed into your chip.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X