Im a pain i know but i need help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a pain i know but i need help!!

ok here is the deal...the car is a 2000 ss with 8000 miles. The original owner was a 40 year old man (used the stalking skills). The car in the morning makes 2 weird noises for a 8000 mile car. It has a valve tap till it warms up and a belt sqeal. the belt doesnt bother me but the tap does... r they normal or the sign of trouble? Also, it sound like the throw out bearing is bad but someone said that its normal for these cars....other than that there is just weird rattling noise when i let the revs too low. Please shed some light so i dont loose any more sleep!! Oh yeah almost forgot, on saturday, the service engine soon light came on for like 20 min and went away and hasnt come back....Did i get a lemon?

Thanks
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

If you were able to find out who the original owner/previous owner was could you get a phone # and call him? I was about to buy a 94 TA from a dealership and was able to find out the previous owners name. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if he could tell me about the car. He told me about a couple of problems I didn't want to inherit so it was well worth the chance.
    In your case you could always ask your previous owner to shed some light on your the car. He has nothing to hide especially if you didn't buy it directly from him.
    Good luck
    Ryan
    96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

Yeah but

The tapping noise is the loose belt. They all make it when they are new. The belt makes the tapping noise.

Never hurts to have a mechanic look at it though.

Comment

Tranny noise is common for the T-56, probably nothing wrong, just noisy.

Don't know about the engine noise, I would not be too worried about it, but probably get it checked out.

Don't know about the belt making tapping noise. I don't know what would do this. I did not buy my car new but it has had 2 new belts and neither made a tapping component. All items that spin on my belt have been replaced at one point in time or another and still no tapping noise.

Is the car under warranty? If so, I'd run it by the dealer and have it checked for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan96WS6
          If you were able to find out who the original owner/previous owner was could you get a phone # and call him? I was about to buy a 94 TA from a dealership and was able to find out the previous owners name. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if he could tell me about the car. He told me about a couple of problems I didn't want to inherit so it was well worth the chance.
          In your case you could always ask your previous owner to shed some light on your the car. He has nothing to hide especially if you didn't buy it directly from him.
          Good luck
          Ryan
          thats against the privacy act. that previous owner could sue that dealership for releasing his private contact info.

the legal way to do it is to give the dealer your contact info..and have them give that to the previous owner and let him call you. if he chooses not to..your outta luck unless you find somebody is willing to take a chance on breaking the law to give you that info.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

lots of LS1's have "piston slap" which goes away after a few seconds on start up..some have slight lifter noise. chances are what you are hearing is normal.
            SES lights can kick with an engine or emission 'burp' and go out. next time youre at the dealer, just have them read the code...

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Wolfman

I did not get the previous owners info on the 94 TA I was looking at from the people at the dealership. I would never ask nor would I expect them to give out that info. In my case there was plenty of paperwork left in the car with his name on it.

Ryan
              96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan96WS6
                Wolfman

I did not get the previous owners info on the 94 TA I was looking at from the people at the dealership. I would never ask nor would I expect them to give out that info. In my case there was plenty of paperwork left in the car with his name on it.

Ryan
                no biggie. your post didnt clearly say that. sorry.

Comment

See heres the thing...when i start the car...its quiet..it take a minunte or two for the tap to show. Just to throw up in the air..i know that older chevy had a little intermitant miss..well this one does too...should it..(light is on again!).

Thanks for all the info
                  2000 Camaro SS
                  Red on Dark Grey Leather,
                  6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
                  Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Comment

Ryan
                    no biggie. your post didnt clearly say that. sorry.
                    No sweat Wolfman.
                    I will choose my words my carefully in the future.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                    X