engine acting weird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine acting weird

I havent driven the car for 2 days this mourning on my way to work when i would give it gas at low rpms the stickshift and car would shake a little bit hesitate then go ,over 3000rpms everthing worked fine,should i worry any ideals thanks
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Interesting. I have a problem like that but thats b/c Im running A Spec's Stage 1 clutch. Its more like chutch chatter than anything. Could it be that the previous owner had some crazy race clutch, or does it seem like the engine is Missing?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Was it better or worse when the engine was cold? .....when the engine was warmed up? What gear were you in when it would shake? Is the SES light on? Was it a high humidity day, or was it possible the Optispark distributor was wet?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

the old owner did have all kinds of wierd stuff on the clutch,it was cold the car takes a long time to warm up,real long?i just drove it to get it tinted 20%front limoback wastnt having the problem it was wierd this mourning?1st 2nd was giving me the most trouble thanks
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

now the car is lurching forward in 1st and 2nd when i give it alot of gas ,the stickshift shakes when this happens,it only happens sometimes maybe 4 out of 10 times ,the car was warm and the weather is cool

Comment

Some type of misfire problem is my guess. Hope its not the opti. Goodluck
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

now the cars shakeing real bad when i accellerate in 6th gear could something have gotten wet it just rained real bad

Comment

Humidity can worsen arcing of wires, poor contacts in corroded terminals on the distributor, arcing and carbon tracking in the distributor cap, signal degradation at the Optspark harness, etc. Could also be the sign of a weak coil, or problems with the IC Module.

When was the last time the plugs, plug wires/coil wire, and distributor were replaced? What were they replaced with?

The coolant should reach normal operating temperature (170-210*F) in 5 to 10 minutes. Failure of the coolant to reach a minimum temperature in the 120-140*F range within the first 3 minutes will prevent the computer from going into closed loop, where it can control the A/F ratio more precisely. How old are the O2 sensors?
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

getin worried im going to have problems with this car

Im not sure i have to look through the matience records,worst case how much would the problem cost to fix,it shakes real bad in 6th i just got off the freeway(only when i acclerate)ill check the records when i get home , thanks (is it something i should take to a shop or try myself)my dad says a vacum leak but i dont think thats it

Comment

I had that exact same problem with my 97 t/a. On mine thought i suppose it had never had a tune up and after i bought it, it started doing exactly what ur saying and i changed the plugs in mine and it ran like a totally different car and the whole misfire problem was gone. (they were factory plugs at 130,000)
                    '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

Comment

$130.00 dollars or 130,000k, should i take the car to pontiac or the local riceburner shop im afraid the riceburner shop doesnt no the car, but dont want to pay $$$$$ at pontiac

Comment

Look for A reliable Shop in your Area. I'd recommend doing them Yourself. Im sure you have some basic Mechanical Knowledge of how to do it or no?
                        And If you have headers, then its even easier. Should take you No more than a couple hours one afternoon. Just take your time. You can Save yourself about $100. Chances are, a "riceburner" shop will know how to do something like this. Its pretty straight forward. I've come plenty on LT1's. Has the Opti been replaced? Could be that the Opti is bad, and time to replace. Is it A vented Opti-spark?
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

im not sure if its vented, how much is a optispark

Comment

Conelite i seen u live in la i live in santamaria(mike jackson case) 2 hours away is there a closer track than bakersfield thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                              Conelite i seen u live in la i live in santamaria(mike jackson case) 2 hours away is there a closer track than bakersfield thanks
                              Santa Maria? OUch. Thats up there buddy. The only ones I know Of is, Bakersfield, Irwindale Speedway, California Speedway, and Carlsbad in San Diego. Yeah I dont think there is anything closer than BF. I like that track, we used to do F-body runs up there from the Inland Empire.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X