nitrous??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrous??

I have a stock lt1 and was looking at this Zex dry nitrous system anything i need to know about before installing and running this set up. Does anyone have any idea about this system?
    Thanks,
    Mark

How big a shoot you looking to spray? Why dont you use a wet shoot?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I ran a 125-150 shot NOS dry kit for several years with no problems. Don't know the details of the ZEX system. Does it raise the fuel pressure to supply the extra fuel when you are spraying?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Before you add nitrous, careful attention to a few items will go a long way towards reliable and decent performance. What kind of mileage does the current engine have? Take a high mileage engine and add nitrous and you can expect parts to go south. What condition is the fuel system? If the fuel pump cannot support the adequate volume and pressure, it's easy to burn holes in pistons from an overly lean mixture. It's not just as simple and bolting it on and having it stay in one piece.

Comment

i would go with the nitrous works set up it comes with jets up to 350 hp you will need to put a better fuel system in
          93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

nitrous

It has a hose that connects to the vacum port of the fuel pressure regulator which once the system is armed the kit increases the fuel in the line.Rated at 75-125 hp

Originally posted by Injuneer
            I ran a 125-150 shot NOS dry kit for several years with no problems. Don't know the details of the ZEX system. Does it raise the fuel pressure to supply the extra fuel when you are spraying?

Comment

i also hear that the rings in the lt1 are a bit weaker then they prolly should be so i dunno if that will affect anything

Comment

Originally posted by 86FireBird
                i also hear that the rings in the lt1 are a bit weaker then they prolly should be so i dunno if that will affect anything
                First time I've heard that one in 13 years of dealing with the LT1 engine. You can crack a ring land with detonation, because of the relatively brittle hypereutectic pistons..... nothing unique to the LT1.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                X