what headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what headers

im looking at a set of dynatech headers for my 93 trans am lt1 long tubes i was wondering what you guys think and what headers you guys like thanks.also is it eaiser to put headers pn this car when the tranny is out.
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

I dont think it would be any easier to Do the headers if the Tranny was out, but thats just me. I have done headers on a 93 Z28, Took a couple hours every day after school (back in high school). Im not familiar with the Dynatech Headers, but im pretty sure its all straight forward, Just like i always say, when doing headers on a 4th gen, be patient and take your time.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

is it really that tough on a 4th gen? i know the engine bay is pretty cluttered but is it much worse then a 3rd gen

Comment

Originally posted by 86FireBird
        is it really that tough on a 4th gen? i know the engine bay is pretty cluttered but is it much worse then a 3rd gen
        If its the LT1, It takes about 5-8 hours. I have never done some on an LS1 but im guessing its worse.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

wow i had no idea...

Comment

wow i had no idea...
            Its not the hardest thing in the world, but it takes the average 2 guys, a good 5 hours. You expected it to be harder or easier?
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

maybe a LITTLE bit easier..most of my knowledge is text book knowledge...i dont have a whole lot of hands-on expirience yet...thats y im goin to school for this stuff

Comment

maybe a LITTLE bit easier..most of my knowledge is text book knowledge...i dont have a whole lot of hands-on expirience yet...thats y im goin to school for this stuff
                Its not to hard, Just time consuming. Yeah I have just about no Textbook knowledge, all hands on. Been yanking engines since ten with my old man. He's a 30 year mechanic, so I was always next to him. Yeah I got Hired as a Tech. for Chevrolet right out of high school, Im only 21 so I still have a lot to learn!
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

wow good for u...hopefully be yankin engines someday

Comment

headers are really easy on an lt-1. I just put a set of Pacesetter long tubes on my '95 T/A. It was cake. It took every bit of about 2 hours maybe. But that was me you could be different. But I already had the exhaust off. So add about 1-1.5 for that you should be around there somewhere. But deffinately take your time don't rush yourself.
                    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                    '00 T/A Silver
                    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      Its not to hard, Just time consuming. Yeah I have just about no Textbook knowledge, all hands on. Been yanking engines since ten with my old man. He's a 30 year mechanic, so I was always next to him. Yeah I got Hired as a Tech. for Chevrolet right out of high school, Im only 21 so I still have a lot to learn!
                      just out of curiousity what kind of tech?
                      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                      '00 T/A Silver
                      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                        just out of curiousity what kind of tech?
                        I was doing "Driveability" and Lube. What I wanted to do was 15A but considering I had no schooling or anything like that they felt it would be to much of a risk. I was certified for Brakes too. The reason I got out of the business, it was not paying enough (well enough for an 18 year old). Now I got a job for the nations Largest Cabinet Manufacturing company. Im shipping director in manager, So Im doing pretty good for not going to school, But of course I do want to follow my dreams and go to school for auto and be a part of some race team. Ultimate dream, Pit crew for any kind of racing (i.e.- Nascar-Indy-Drag).
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                        X