Power Windows Operation Speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Windows Operation Speed

I just converted my 83 to power windows using parts from a donor car. The windows seem to be slower than they should. I timed them at 4-1/2 seconds.

How fast are the windows in your cars? I tested them prior to installing by connecting them straight to the battery and the speed was identical, so I'm sure there isn't a voltage drop issue.

Thanks!

Larry

i got an 86 firebird that came with power windows stock and theyre pretty damn slow so i dunno maybe thats normal or im gettin screwed as well...i'll time them and post my results and see if its similiar

Comment

The windows of every f-body I've ever been in seemed to be very slow. It may be due to the size of the window. I couldn't tell you in exact seconds, but 4.5 seems about right.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

i just timed mine and im gettin about 4-5 seconds

Comment

The trick to fixing the power window speed problems and motor burnout problems is to install a relay in the door with a larger wire from the battery or switched +12V as the power source for the motor so that the window switch activates the relay (which activates the motor) and not the motor directly. That way the window motor always gets >12 Volts instead of all the voltage drop thru the stock wiring which is what causes all the problems in the first place and gets worse as the car ages.

Comment

Working...
          X