60K on OG Spark Plugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60K on OG Spark Plugs?

Well I have had my T/A for a little over a 1/2 a year. I got it with 52k on the dial. I started to realize that my mileage was not as good a it should be. So last night after changing my window motor (thank you shbox) last night, I had a little time to kill so I pulled a couple plugs to check them out. Those suckers were extremely tight. I pulled them out and sure enough they are original A/C Delco. I know your thinking, "The previous owner went to the dealer to change the plugs or a tune up." I have the records from GM for every single time that car has been to any dealer in the US (I used to work for GM, and still have friends there). The previous owner also kept every single document of every oil change, tire rotation and any other service done to it. The wife of the owner would take it in, and every time, they would get her bad, and squeezed every penny out of her. What amazes me is how all this still they did on this car and never changed the spark plus or wires for that matter. Well I finally changed them. Went with some Bosch Platinum 2's and some Simple Dure-last Wires. WOW that's how much of a difference it made. So much more responsive, and the increase in power.
    Met up with some budies at Hooters for some drinks ( only 2 beers dont worry). When we took off I asked my buddy with an 06ish GT if he wanted to do a quick pull on the way home. We had ran B4 and he would stay right at my window (40-90 pull). Well lets just say he was looking at my SLP tips all the down the Freeway.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

hope u have good luck with those bosch, we never do at my job, i woulda put a/c delco or NGK in there.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

You'll be alot better off with either NGK or AC Delco Irridium plugs in your Bird. The wires are OK but a little high on the resistance.

2001 SOM Camaro SS. 1SD options, Neutral leather, ASR, 6spd. H/C, exhaust/intake/suspension. Full list of mods here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...atasheetSS.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X