Water pump gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump gone?

Hi guys,i noticed a nice little puddle under the front of the trans am today,its not the radiator,so could it be the water pump leaking?

If so,how much is a pump,and are they easy to fit,or could it be something else,as the coolant level is fine.

Any advice would be great!

Could be, but.......are you certain the puddle was antifreeze? We replaced my water pump 3 times and there was never a puddle, just drips at the weep hole. Could be just a hose. Or, when it's warm out or running the a/c you get a "condensation puddle", but I don't know where you live and just "assuming" it's not that warm yet where you are! Make sure you know what type of fluid it is first
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Its definatly anti freeze,it tasted sweet on my fingers,if its the pump,can you put some water pump sealer in it to stop it from leaking?

Im in the UK.

Comment

If its an lt1, you should start it up and check if it is leaking , there is a small weep hole on the underside of the pump. I wouldnt put any sealer or anything, they might plug the radiator , or the heater core, but it might work.

A new water pump cost me £150 a year ago from w a s p performance in wisbech, cambridgeshire, pretty easy to replace too.
        93 t/a A4 3.23s
        95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
        99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
        99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
        97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
        93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
        00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Was that £150 fitted or did you do it yourself?

Comment

I have replaced it myself, prety easy job too, I ll give you a hand if you re not far from me, i live near stansted now
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Thanks for the offer,im quite a bit up north from you,ill probalary get it done this week at US autos,its only done the road from me,unfortunatly,ill be selling it shortly after,new house coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Trans am Man
                it tasted sweet on my fingers.
                did you taste it?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Trans am Man
                  Its definatly anti freeze,it tasted sweet on my fingers,
                  Im in the UK.

Many a domesticated animal have perished doing the exact same thing..... Fido says "dont ingest anti-freeze, despite it's attractive flavor"
                  1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
                    I have replaced it myself, prety easy job too, I ll give you a hand if you re not far from me, i live near stansted now
                    that's interesting....not to hijack the thread, but a 4th gen f-body in Europe? Does it have right-hand drive? Nothing says "american car" like a Camaro or firebird so its probably not common to see it across the pond. How can you afford the registration - don't they charge the fee based on the engine displacement? Are parts readily available? Are there a lot of f-bodies there?
                    Bruce
                    01 Camaro

Comment

Working...
                    X