Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie-15th anny Trans Am ROUGH shape few ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie-15th anny Trans Am ROUGH shape few ???

New guy here , My first post too.
    My buddy has a 1984 15th Anny Trans Am. It was stolen and wrecked in the a$$ pretty bad. Only has 40,000 miles on it. It's been sitting for a couple years and is burried under a bunch of crap. Has anybody here ever done some serious body work on one of these cars? What are the 15th Anniversary T/As worth even? I would hate to see the car parted, but I don't know if it would be worth fixing or not. I'll post some pics in a few minutes.
    Thanks in advance!

Here's some crappy pics- BEWARE! It's bad!

Comment

o my .....what happened? im no body expert but to me it looks like either A:too much money to repair for what the car is worth or B: theres no way you can repair that. either way good luck!
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Everything is repairable...how deep are your pockets.

How's the engine? Frame damage? If it's mostly body, which it looks like it is...it'll take a lot of money to bring this one around. It'll be sweet to see it reborn. Nothing is sweeter than a 3rd gen... If you got the money and time, give her new life!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well the front end isn't bad, the interior is nice, I think all the wheels somehow survived, and the motor and drivetrain are all good. The major damage is (obviously) in the rear. Seems to be mostly behind the rear wheels. Wonder how tough a rear clip is?...

Comment

Unless there is serious sentimental value to the car, I'd say it's not worth the money to rebuild it. Unless you can do most of the work yourselves, you'd spend more than the car is worth. As far as I know, there is no real market for the 15th ann. TA's. 1984 was not a good year for detroit. The damage looks fixable, but how much do you want to inest in the car? You have to answer that question first.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
            X