12 inch subwoofer box/small oil leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 inch subwoofer box/small oil leak

ive had the hardest time finding a single 12 inch subwoofer box for my firebird all the shops in town say they dont make one and i cant find one on the internet i was wondering if u guys no any websites the would carry one or if they really dont make one,and i have a small oil leak its not bad but my girlfriend getting mad cause im getting oil spots in our garage and driveway and i always forget to put cardboard down i cant find my jack to get under the car,my old problem (engine acting weird) comes and gos i just dont have the money to get it looked at thanks what type of oil 10xw 30 or 40 i dont have a manuel
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

i would look at jl audio website they have enclosures for are car.
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

i looked all they had where dual 12 and 10 inch enclosures im trying to find a single
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

doesnt q logic make a single enclosure... if you dont want too much bass, why not go with a bass tube?

here scroll down and youll see them, but they are 10"

http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/Merc..._Code=FIREBIRD
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

ill check it out, our rides look exactly the same but mines marune and has limo tint, 1995 firebird formula ws6 transam clone

Comment

thanks there all dual or single ten i might just have to buy another 12 but i dont want to

Comment

i have two 12" audiobahs runnin off a 1200w sony xplod. and it hits real hard. i forget where i got the box from but its custom made.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ed77/ta003.jpg
              1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

are ur front speakers stock wondering if it will still sound good right now i got 1400 amp rockferd fosgate and a 12 same brand and a nice deck forgot the brand sold all my other speakers with the my previous ride my old box wont fit

Comment

Custom Make a Box. THats what Im going to do. Im going to have to make it custom with one single 10" Solo-baric. The hard part is b/c I have the T-Tops so its going to be a tuffy, but im sure I can Design a box.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I have a single 10" PPI dual voice coil sub in the back. It has plenty of bump. Even after covering everything in the rear cargo area with dynomat things still rattle.

I purchased a 10" box from SubThump and can vouch for their quality. I did have to modify the box slightly to fit the oversized magnet on the PPI (it's almost as big as the basket itself) but otherwise it fits great.

My suggestion, find a good quality, dual voice coil, small airspace 10" sub (like the Kicker solobaric) and feed it as much clean power as you can. It will perform.

Scott
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

i just already have a 12'' sub with a warranty from bestbuy from my old car i could make a box but afraid it will be ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                        i just already have a 12'' sub with a warranty from bestbuy from my old car i could make a box but afraid it will be ghetto
                        Thats the main thing I thought when I was designing my old system on the Honda I used to have but it came out alright. Just do your homework. The main thing is to make sure you have the right amount of cubic feet that the speaker requires. I did my research and built the box, and let me tell you. For being one single 10", it would out power any pair of 12" speakers. I personally love kicker so.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

that looks real good what type of oil do u use for ur bird if u lived close i'd pay u to make mine

Comment

Use cardboard to form a shape of your hatch pocket. That's the best place for it if you have t-tops.

Get good wood, glue everything together air tight, and I used sheeting staples to keep it together. Use a nice jigsaw to get a smooth cut. Wrap it in some nice box wrap, and you're straight. The box I made sounds decent, but it is only square, so it doesn't sound as good as a custom fiberglass enclosure.

Also, use a table saw for your straight cuts so they're perfectly true. No circ. saws, it's not going to sound good if it isn't tight.
                            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

thanks i do have t-tops but dont really care if i use the space where the go when off ,is that a 10'' or 12'' fits real well

Comment

Working...
                              X