ram air hood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram air hood

im looking to buy a ram air hood and box with my tax return im leaning twoards the ws6 style ive also seen it called the predator. would like some info on what you guys think a good quality company is and maybe some pics thanks.
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

www.ramairhood.com Thats whare i got mine from with the airbox, already painted and its great.
    [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
    Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
    11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

did it fit good?
      93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

I personally think the best looking hood is the Firehalw hood.

Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I actually like them all, the raptor, ws6 but my favorite is the SLP hood. Check that one out, I like how the nostrils sit further back in the hood.

99 Firebird
          3.8L
          5spd

Comment

The ram air and everything bolts right up, u have to ajust it when you put it on just a litttle bit because sometimes the back 2 corners hit the body, but its the same with all hoods like that
            [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
            Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
            11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

I bought a used stock ram air hood for my 97 T/A. Much cheaper. I found a brand new airbox on one of the LS1 forums, the K&N filter I got from a local parts store, used the Fernco adapter from Home Depot instead of the stock below and the rest of the parts I bought from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

So besides the filter end Fernco, all the parts are stock ram air.

It's been mensioned here before. If you get an aftermarket hood, make sure it's been crash tested. Some cheap ones have been known to come loose on impact and fly through the windshield.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                I personally think the best looking hood is the Firehalw hood.

i second that.
                1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Working...
                X