arguing with a co worker over specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arguing with a co worker over specs

im a arguing with a coworker he says i have 275 stock hp with my ramair i believe i have 290 with the ram air stock he has a stang but thinks he nows all about f-bodys 1995 formula firebird
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

you have about 275, that sounds about right.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

but with the ram air hood (it works)hes saying i have 250 and make 275 with the ramair hood
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

What kind of "ram air" do you have? There was no WS6 option in 1995. Stock HP in 1995 was 275.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

it looks just like yours, and is fully functionally has air filter the whole works

Comment

either way you're not getting much more HP over stock even with a fully functional ram air system. 10 HP at most.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

GM claimed 20 HP for the WS6, but that included both the ram air and the exhaust.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thank you so we were both wrong i thought i got 15hp i read that on some website

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                  GM claimed 20 HP for the WS6, but that included both the ram air and the exhaust.
                  Hey Fred, Do you get any gain by cutting the Plastic Cover on the Radiator under the Airbox? I know that SPL make the Air box that goes down there but just curious. That free mod on the LS1s?
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

No gain for cutting a hole in the bottom of the LT1 airbox.... you would be pulling in dirty air, below the air filter. The LT1 box pulls the air from the top, through the filter, into the airbox. The LS1 pulls from the sides, and up through the filter, so if you cut a hole in the bottom of the box, you're still using the filter.

I cut the baffles out of the hood, so its a straight shot to the filter, took the "grid" off the cover, leaving just a large rectangular opening, and replaced the stock bellows with the smooth Fernco coupling.

Fred

Comment

Oh ok. But Im running the LS1. Its basically the same thing as SLP sells for the cold air sistem. Is there any gain buy just simply cutting the air box and having a straight shoot from under the car?
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        Oh ok. But Im running the LS1. Its basically the same thing as SLP sells for the cold air sistem. Is there any gain buy just simply cutting the air box and having a straight shoot from under the car?
                        That is what I have the SLP cold air intake, works well, but since I have had it so long i dont notice it anymore

99 Firebird
                        3.8L
                        5spd

Comment

Originally posted by britishf-bird
                          That is what I have the SLP cold air intake, works well, but since I have had it so long i dont notice it anymore
                          Yeah I know a lot of people have it. Im going to try and make one. I simply cut the plastic that is under the Radiator support. Pretty much the same thing but does not have that extention to get the complete cold air. I didnt feel it was worth the $100. Rather get the Lid and Elbow.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

do guys buy air filter cleaner or just buy anotherone mines real dirty (ramair filter)on my honda coldairintake i would just clean it

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                              do guys buy air filter cleaner or just buy anotherone mines real dirty (ramair filter)on my honda coldairintake i would just clean it
                              Get a K&N and never have to replace it. JUst get the the cleaning kit and thats it.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X