• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body spacer...is it true....

Quicker acceleration?
    More torque at low RPMs?
    Better air/fuel mixture???
    Better miles per fuel gallon?

Which is the best width for a LT1 throttle body stock? I guess the corvette owners have used it in their LT1 engines long time ago.....
    Where to purchase it?
    Thanks for your reply
    dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Even if it did work, there is really no room to put one on a 4th gen.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Well I don't see how it can have better A/F ratio since it;s the PCM that controls it.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The best thing it "might" do is provide a tiny increase in the intake manifold plenum volume. If you are running over 500HP N/A, you might see a tiny increase at the top end, where the LT1 intake starts to run short on volume. I think the LS1 guys have a favorite spacer, and there are some dyno results posted on some of the Corvette and LS1 forums, but their manifold and throttle body configuration is different. Its never been a popular idea for the LT1, and I have never seen any dyno tests or even a "SOTP" claim for increased performance.

A stock LT1 needs a stock 48mm throttle body. GM uses the same throttle body on some of their 500+HP big block injected crate motors. With heads and cam, step up to 52mm. Over maybe 450 flywheel HP, consider having the intake manifold bores opened up to 58mm (they are only 52mm stock) and running a 58mm throttle body. At a shade below 500 flywheel HP on the engine dyno, my engine was getting all the air it needed from a 58mm TB, when it was only 77% open. If you calculate it, the engine could have made the same HP with a 52mm TB fully open.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred & Rob....thanks a lot for your information.....
          Best regards
          dochidalgo
          97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
          X