brake light switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light switch

Someone following me told me both my brake lights are out. I narrowed it down to the brake light switch because the lights will come back on as soon as I touch/move the switch. I ordered it at Kragen: http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...Number=SL31581

Is this the right part? Has anyone else experienced this part going out? I was told by the guy at Napa, to replace the cruise control brake off switch too....but I'm not sure if that's built into this switch?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

That looks like a brake light switch. Easy enough to change to see if it fixes your problem. The cruise switch is not part of it. I don't see a need to replace it, if it is working.

Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Rob as always. I replaced the switch and the brake lights work as good as new!
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I spoke too soon....I kept the panel cover below the dash off until now. When I put the panel back on, the lights went out again. Took it off, the lights were fine. I started wiggling wires around and found that the longest harness in there wasn't all the way in...probably making contact only in a certain position. I clipped it back together and now it works fine. So I'm not really sure if the brake light switch was also a culprit, but shame on me for not seeing this loose harness to begin with

Comment

Working...
        X