problem being looked at

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem being looked at

i already posted this in off topic on accident girlfriend was driving my car felt the shaking got worried and forced me to take it to pontiac there looking at it im going to post what they say the problem/price and i want u guyz opinions thanks
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

pontiac told me they halfass looked at my car cause it was to loud, the shaking is my sparkplug wires 133.00 plus 200 labor and i have a major oil leak 850 dollars its going on my exhaust or something i was mad so i wasnt really paying attention ive been checking the oil and its a little drop a day the guy was being so rude and told me i need to pick up my car right away f****** pontiac
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

If your dealer really told you all that verbatim, you need a new dealer. If they said it's your spark plug wires, that may mean they're arcing. That's easy enough to check. look under the hood on a dark night and you might see the arcing.

I would start posting as much info here as you can and hope we can help you. That dealer leaves a lot to be desired. They're raping you on that spark plug wire install. That's why i hate dealers.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

ill post all the info im so mad i cant type wright now u dont understand how rude he was oil leak 850 dollars i feel like i made a bad choice in buying that car

Comment

Just because a dealer wants $850 to fix an oil leak doesn't make it a bad car. One thing you have to understand about dealers is they grossly overcharge for everything. Chances are you need a $30 gasket and everything else is labor. Doing the work yourself may be time consuming, but in the end you'll save a bunch of money and learn your car inside and out. Where did he say the oil leak was? Be specific. If you can get the dealer to write down all their reccomendations and what they found, then post it here word for word, that would help.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

i will im picking it up at 3 the guy was talking smack about the engine sayin its hard to work on blahbla the only problem by doing my self is i work 6 days a week when i get off its dark 800am - 630pm then have taekwondo i need transpertaion everday and all my tools are in storage cause were moving im going to pull my hairout

Comment

Just out of curiousity how many miles are on your car?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I just did my Plugs and wires. Took about an hour total and cost me about $60. So you can do that yourself. Its really easy. The Oil leak, I dont know about that. Give us an idea of where its leaking. Chances are its a Valve cover or something simple like that. I doubt its a front or rear main seal or something that big. Let us know. I can see if that the correct price from GM. Look around your area for a good little auto shop. They are normally about half the cost of the "Stealership." Chances are, like Dave said, its more than likely arcing and misfiring so it causes the car to shack.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

taking it to the riceburner shop (fast lane auto), they have done engine swaps and turbo installs for me ive just never seen f-bodys in there or any american car and ive been doing buisness with them for 3 -5years but they are real cheap and i no the owner pretty good but hes going to talk mess cause i bought a musclecar and sold the car he built for me (hes honda 4 life)he has a 400 hp acura integra oh i have 134k going there at 330 ill keep u guys posted ,have to say thanks to everone in this forum ive went to other forums everone was talking mess to each other acting like there 12 and they didnt no squat this is by far a better more mature forum!

Comment

spark plugs on an LS1 = very easy. That is pure rape. Plus you can get msd wires for like 80 bucks. where are they getting 133?
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      where are they getting 133?
                      I got DuraLast ones for $35 so.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yeah it sounds like you're getting the GM 800% markup on the same wires you can get for 30 bucks anywhere.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

plus 200 labor told my girlfriend ,she wants to start a brawl in pontiac and cus them out shes crazy like that im telling her to calm down(wont work on my car to loud)lost cutout plate, i have a feeling they made the oil leak worse somehow cause ive been checking my oil everday day its barely going down there telling me its a going all over WTF

Comment

They are taking advantage of her b/c shes female. I love going with friends to shops and they say this and that, and i bust out and tell them I was a Tech for GM. ha ha ha. Yeah tell her to relaxe.. ha ha ha. JUst do it yourself man. Good hands on experience. Take your time. You can do it at night. All you need is a shop light. The hardest one to do is the Passenger side back Plug. Recommend doing it from under the car, Million times easier.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

b/c ??????? going in 30 min

Comment

Working...
                              X