Ok, How bout some slicks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, How bout some slicks?

alright, i got a trans am with the LT1 auto, can anyone tell me the biggest size slick, or cheater slick that i can put on the car. i would like to have a 15x10 rim. the street tires on her now are 275-40-17 BFG, and they clear really nice. there is no way they will hit anything, but the car spins like crazy off the line, and i'm getting ready for a 4.10 gear (hopefully this weekend!) and i need her to hook! the biggest size that i can fit. any help would be great.

The biggest that I ave heard of is a 17X11 in the back with a 315 tire. If your pretty stock then a set of BFG Drag Radiels or Maybe some Nitto's would do the trick. Have you replaced the Control arms and Put some Re-location brackets on your car yet? That should help you alot to plant that power.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

With a 15x10" wheel with 7.5" offset, you can fit a slick as large as a 28x11.5-15 (Hoosier QTP DOT) or a 28x10.5-15W (ET Drag full slick). I've run both. Those are probably adequate to harness up to 1,000HP on a car that's pushing low 1.3x 60-fts. At the 500HP level, you would be fine with something like a 26x10.5-15 ET Street, or even one of the similar sized ET Street (Drag) Radials.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X