OMG THINGS GETTING WORSE!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG THINGS GETTING WORSE!!

ok now the light is always on and the car is missing....problem is cant take it anywhere cuz the car has to be inspected for warrentty. Im thinkin its the plugs or coil...i got till saturday to fix thats last day to get warrenty. I really am starting to not like this car.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

I assume by the light being on that you are talking about the SES light. You are going to have to have it scanned, A lot of parts stores will do it for free now. When you get the code, come back here and post it and we can help then.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Re: OMG THINGS GETTING WORSE!!

Originally posted by PG45
      ok now the light is always on and the car is missing....problem is cant take it anywhere cuz the car has to be inspected for warrentty. Im thinkin its the plugs or coil...i got till saturday to fix thats last day to get warrenty. I really am starting to not like this car.
      The only way you will get any sort of clue as to what is wrong is to get a scanner on it. It is only going to keep getting worse, and eventually won't even run. Then you'll need a tow truck to get it to service. I can't understand what "has to be inspected for warranty" has to do with anything. Please explain.

By the way, you have 8 coils..... which one do you think it is?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

yesterday i call a local schevy dealership asking about extended warrenties...they said that scince that car just came off warrenty and had so little milage, that as long as it passes an inspection, they will warrenty it. I was an my way there and the car started acting up...no it is having trouble starting and u smell gas.
        2000 Camaro SS
        Red on Dark Grey Leather,
        6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
        Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Comment

Could be a hundred things, get it scanned and at least post the code and then we can help. All your going to get from us now is a list about 100 items long to check. Thats the beauty of OBDII
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I'd have to agree with injuneer. Until you get it scanned and have some codes to look at there is nothing anyone can do to help much. I do not believe your car is a lemon, and would encourage you to not get to upset about a few little problems. F-bods are not Hondas. They will not go 150K without ever breaking. That does not make them bad cars, it just means you need to be a bit more understanding and willing to work. The payback is worth it, in my opinion as a hobbyist.

Look at this in a posative light. This is a chance to learn about your car and bond with it. This is a good excuse to purchase a scan tool . This is not the last time your SES light will come on, you know.

When you get some codes out of your PCM post them.

Comment

dont type in all caps broh. against the rules here.
              thanks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
              X