Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BEAST is home!

Just picked this guy up this afternoon:

Picked up a one-way ticket on an Amtrak train this morning at 8am, and rode it 5 hours to washington DC.. This car's owner met me there, and then I drove it back home 320 miles. I LOVE IT!

It's everything I was hoping for! Used to have a 94 Formula, but as auto, and this one is a 6 speed. It's a 96 with 79K on it. Bone stock. Clean as a whistle. It's so tight and smooth.. I love it. I just hope it's not raining tomorrow!

And T-Tops rock!!!

One question. Is the shifter supposed to shake around a lot? Is that normal? It doesn't pop out of gear or anything, but under normal driving it looks to shake about a half centimeter in any direction. . Figured it's normal for this type of car..
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

very nice car im sure you will have alot of fun. do you plan to keep it stock and if not what mods?

Comment

It'll stay stock for a little while, then I'll get the basics to start.. I haven't decided where I want to go with it yet.. we'll see.

Comment

Beautiful.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Re: The BEAST is home!

Originally posted by JeffM
          One question. Is the shifter supposed to shake around a lot? Is that normal? It doesn't pop out of gear or anything, but under normal driving it looks to shake about a half centimeter in any direction. . Figured it's normal for this type of car..
          The shifter normally shakes around a bit. It is, after all attached directly to the drivetrain. MAny vibrations from the engine and road are transmitted through it. I like that, though. It allows you to feel more of the car and experience more.

Comment

Re: Re: The BEAST is home!

Originally posted by tabahr
            The shifter normally shakes around a bit. It is, after all attached directly to the drivetrain. MAny vibrations from the engine and road are transmitted through it. I like that, though. It allows you to feel more of the car and experience more.
            That's what I figured. Thanks for clearing it up!

Comment

Very nice. It looks really clean too. Enjoy.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I miss my T-tops!!

Good find! I always thought silver looked especially good on these cars. How much did you pay for it?
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Joe, I talked the guy down to $6k flat out the door. Has 79,800 on the ticker, bone stock, mint, tight..

I think I got a good deal! KBB is like close to $7k.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That seems like a great deal. About 2 years ago I sold my '95 with a 3.8L in it with about 72K miles for $9,000.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Call me crazy, but I thought all the 96 Camaro cloth seats had the "zebra pattern" on them. At least mine does....with the light grey interior.
                        Joe K.
                        '11 BMW 328i
                        '10 Matrix S AWD
                        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Beautiful Z man. I remember when I got mine a couple months ago...still brings tears to my eyes lol
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                          X