Tire options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire options?

Okay so, I was planning on getting Falken fk452's, but apparently they do not make my size anymore because the demand for it is so little (275/35-18). I wanted them because the price was good, and because I heard that the tire performed very well in dry and wet conditions.

So I'm looking for some options right now. I want a high/ultra/whatever performance summer tire that will be good on dry and wet roads. I wont be doing serious burnouts or blowing through them to warrant buying shitty tires (because wasting expensive tires to burnouts would be dumb with my budget). I want a good tire that sticks and performs when I need it to (similar to the fk452's).

Any thoughts?

Did you go to Tire Rack, and "search by size"? That will give you a decent list of available tires. They do not have Nitto though, nor Falken. But they have a huge selection of high quality tires in a wide ranges of prices. For any tire class, you can go to a screen that rates all the tires in the class, based on used feedback, on things like dry traction, wet traction, cornering, noise, tread life, comfort, etc.

Good place to do a bit of research.

http://www.tirerack.com/
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

You can also try www.discounttiredirect.com They don't charge shipping and have just as much if not more selection than tire rack. I bought tires that were on the cheap end. Kumho Ecsta ASX's. They are all season bc I live on Long Island but they perform decently. Pirelli's are pretty good as well. Let us know how you make out.
      1997 Pontiac For Sale: Comp T/A, silver, 6-speed, T-Tops,
      Eibach Sportline 2" lowering springs, K&N filter, 5% limo tints
      Airfoil, Hypertech Programmer III, 3.73 w/Eaton diff

Comment

Working...
      X