how bout that optispark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how bout that optispark

Whats the average life of the optispark? Anybody know? I have a 97 Z28 with 142,000 miles and have not yet changed the optispark. It doesnt burn oil, no check engine light and is still strong as hell. It is true, if you take care of these cars (any car really) they will take care of you. Ive driven from Central Texas to San Diego to Fresno back to Arizona so many times in this car. I have a trip coming up going to Fort Benning Georgia then possibly North Carolina. Im wondering when and if this Optispark is going to take a crap on me. I have one I "borrowed" from the autoparts store I worked at a long time ago but I read that its not a good idea to put it on because they Suck. And Ive also heard that a lot of the aftermarket ones have issues too. Any suggestions? I hate to be stranded on the way to Georgia. At the same time Id like to see how long I can make this thing last

It can go at anytime you never know. An a new one can crap out at anytime to like any other part.I would use only a GM one an not a parts store one. they crap out real quick. But if you got one keep it with you it may save you.
    Blazer

Comment

thanks for the info man! your the only one who replied! Ill just hang on to this one, car is going into storage in a month and half anyway, thanks again!

Comment

30k to 300k+ and everything in between.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X