New battery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New battery

My Pro Start one died. Anyone recommend a good, reliable, long-lasting battery for our cars?
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Optima Red Top...amazing capabilities to store electricity, hence reliable first start in the mornings or under gross events: one day my serpentine belt tore apart and I was able to drive the car 14 kms to the nearest Autozone and replace the tensioner and the belt.

PONTIAC
    Firebird
    2002-1996 V8 5.7L
    Part# RED75/35 CCA 720 Model Optima
    Group Size 75DTO

Best regards
    dochidalgo

add: for you next Euratica CD.....
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Optima Red top. Thats what I run. Its a great battery. I have had mine for almost 4 years, went in and out of 3 different cars and Its still running strong. I highly recommend it. I had almost 1000 CCA (Cold Cracking Amps) when I tested it.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Optima or A/C Delco battery. interstate is ok, altho my boss did get 18 years outta his last interstate but dont think that is very common, the only reason he changed it cuz the negative cable was so corroded
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

My Optima Red Top lasted 6 months. The shop that does my work threw it in their battery graveyard, which was mostly Red Tops. They recommended the AC/Delco Professional. I still have that one almost 7 years later, and its been very reliable, going months between starts of the car. I have used a Battery Tender most of that time, to insure that the battery was maintained at the correct state of charge.

Before buying the Optima, at least read the FAQ on their website, so you really understand exactly wht is it (a lead-acid/wet battery with a unique spiral lead plate structure and glass mat acid containment) and what it isn't (it can gas, and it has other idiosyncracies).
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            the AC/Delco Professional. I still have that one almost 7 years later, and its been very reliable, going months between starts of the car.
            That's a good battery. The trickle charger is what really keeps the lifespan at it's longest when you don't drive the car often. A regular car battery doesn't like to be discharged deeply, it destroys the cells. Deep cycle batteries are manufactured for those type of requirements.

Comment

My car has had a die hard for 5 years without a problem. Awesome battery.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Ok it's a toss up between Optima or Delco. Gonna run out today and pick one up. It's been in the 70's here all week and I need to bring her back to life!

Originally posted by dochidalgo
                add: for you next Euratica CD.....
                I retired...
                Hercules

Comment

Ok, I just got back from the parts store. I got an Optima Red Top. I looked for A/C Delco but they told me they got bought out by Delfi and no longer make those batteries.

Unusuall looking battery, the Optima is...
                  Hercules

Comment

Delphi (note resemblance to "Delco") is a spinoff/selloff of a large number of GM parts divisions. While its no longer GM, its still the same people in the same plants. If you buy O2 sensors, injectors, etc, many of them now say "Delphi" on them. Delphi is, interestingly, close to bankruptcy.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Always I've wondered the fact the same product will have different overcome with each different costumer.....if the quality is the same....supposedly....
                      It seems, like in human beings will respond in different way with the same medical treatment.....pardon me the comparison...of course there are several variables involved in each case....
                      These comments are regarding Fred's post about Optima batteries.....These batteries have an unusual look, indeed...but I'm pleased with the "performance".

Honest will be to say that the 3 OEM ACDelco batteries gave me in the last 8 years installed on my car a reliable performance too.

Regards
                      dochidalgo

Comment

Optima Red Top.Where do you get them. Never heard of it.
                        Blazer

Comment

This is the link of the web site

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publi...ry_search.html

Regards
                          dochidalgo

Comment

Working...
                          X