Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing Dyno #'s...

Hey everyone,
    Had the car dynoed this weekend. I did four pulls, the first one was the best. 158hp/255ftlbs corrected. I was pleased with the torque numbers, but the horsepower was a bit low from what I expected. The engine has 170hp/255ftlbs stock @ the flywheel. I have added:

Headers
    Intake w/ K&N
    High-Flow Cat
    Cat-Back
    Hotter ignition
    Aluminum Driveshaft

If you add 15% drivetrain loss to the dyno numbers, you get 181hp/293ftlbs. How can those mods add almost 40ft/lbs but only 11 hp? Does that sound right? I will post up the dyno chart which includes A/F ratios later today.
    No F-Body right now

numbers aren't too far off. I wouldn't expect much more than 20 rwhp for exhaust and cold air.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

THats just about right. I had a feeling it was around that. Although its a V8 it still not as powerful than the 5.7 LS1/LT1. Dont be disappointed. Now you know a big, bettter, bad engine is called for, or some Internal work. Ha Ha
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Do you have the A/F ratio?
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

It stayed between 12:1 & 13:1 pretty much the whole time. Between 3600rpm & 4100rpm it jumped up to about 13.5:1.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

13.5 is starting to get pretty lean. Do you have an exhaust leak? Where did they stick the wideband O2 sensors?
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The wideband was stuck into the tail pipe. No exhaust leaks from what I can hear.

The website I usually use to host my photos is being gay. Anyone know of a free one that I can use or maybe wants to host the dyno chart for me for a little while?
              No F-Body right now

Comment

why did you assume 15% loss through the tranny? does your car have a manual?
                87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Yeah my cars a stick.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                  X